White Wood

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Yellow Rocker

Continuing to love spring break!  I've been able to start and finish lots of different projects and Matt and I even finally cleaned out one of our spare bedrooms.  Here is the latest project!  I found this rocker at Goodwill -- a bit of the caning is damaged, but other than that it was in good shape and comfy to sit in.  Once again, I forgot to take a before picture (bummer!) and remembered as I'd finished priming and just started my final coat.  Before I had started priming it was a dirty looking ivory like finish.  Here is the before with the primer...


And the after....


I used Behr paint from Home Depot in June Day.  For the yellow painted part of the chair I finished it with a coat of Minwax paste finishing wax.  I painted the caning and the seat in Benjamin Moore Oil Based Satin Impervo paint in White.   


Pretty detail on the back.



I love bright colors :).  Hope you enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment