White Wood

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hankie Valance

Hello all!  Life has been busy, but I am starting to finish some projects here and there!  I'm going to spread them out over a few days.  Today, I want to show you our new kitchen valance made entirely of hankies!
I'd seen some hankie curtains on Pinterest that I loved and my Aunt Colleen had something similar to this in her kitchen as well.  So, after collecting some handkerchiefs from an estate sale here and there and the Geneva Antique Market in town I went for it!


I decided to make it a valance since it just seemed more appropriate for the kitchen (and easier :).  It took a tidge of trial and error, but here are the results...



And some detail photos...





Hope you like it!  It was fun to make and just makes my kitchen feel even more cozy.  I can't wait to share the next project :)





No comments:

Post a Comment