White Wood

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Piano!

Just a quick post!  Sorry this has taken so long to - it is our gorgeous piano!!  Obviously this isn't a project or anything I put any effort into other than finding and choosing the piano.  I found an ad through Chicago Craigslist for a charitable organization that sells fine donated pianos at a discounted price in order to benefit local music and art programs for low-income youth.

I was thrilled when I found it!  It was the perfect situation under which I wanted to purchase a piano - old and vintage, beautiful, and for a good cause :).  It really is an amazing program and if anyone is in the market for a piano in the Chicago, St. Paul, or Kansas City areas you can find Keys 4/4 Kids near you.   Here is their website.

Enough chit chat - it's time to introduce our gorgeous piano.  Drumroll please.......


Isn't she a beauty!  I personally had never seen any piano with that kind of detail in the front.  


When we bought it, the man who helped us looked up the serial number from the back of the piano in order to figure out how old the piano was.  It was built between 1885 and 1900!  


The best part...while i thought it was a pretty piano from the start, I knew I wanted it when I played it.  It sounds absolutely BEAUTIFUL!




Soon I will hopefully be sharing a few projects that I just need to put finishing touches on!  Meanwhile, I thought I would show you my newest proud and joy :).  I hope you think she is as beautiful as I do!





No comments:

Post a Comment