White Wood

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Antiqued Green Mirror

This project was kind of fun and totally unpredictable!  On pinterest, I had found some tutorials on how to antique your own mirror.  I myself love a good antiqued mirror and was curious to try this method I'd read about. Overall, it didn't seem too complicated so I jumped right in!  I experimented with a couple other mirrors at the same time - including the Greek Blue candle holders.  The mirror itself was a thrift store find.  The frame had previously been gold (no before picture, sorry!) and there was no part of it that appeared antiqued previously.  So I set to work - I took the mirror out of the frame and painted it in a gorgeous deep green color from Behr paint.  I then distressed it and waxed it using Minwax.

Now it was time for the mirror!  It was tricky and I will say it turned out a bit more antiqued than I had in mind... but here are the results!  If people are interested, I would be happy to post a tutorial for how I did it.  

Not the best picture - but you get the idea :).







Some of the frame and antique-y detail.




I will say it was a fun experiment and something I learned from and hope to try again sometime. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment: