White Wood

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Coffee Table

This post is of something that was much needed in our home for a long time....a  coffee table.  Here is our old coffee table...lovely :).


I've been on the lookout for a good coffee table for awhile and just haven't been thrilled with much - or didn't want to fork up the dough that the ones I did liked cost.  Then I was lucky enough to discover this little gem over spring break!...I wasn't crazy about the color of the wood or the way the wood grain is, but I knew that it had potential and it was a good size for us.  So I brought it home for a nice $35.



I decided I would probably paint it a neutral Annie Sloan Graphite paint, but soon discovered I may not have enough of that color so I painted the base in graphite and the top in old white.  I am thrilled with the results!


(igonore the mess in the background!)  I distressed it a tad, waxed it (three times for the top so that it was nice and durable) and buffed it.


So much better than our Powerade coffee table!


The room is slowly starting to feel tied together!










]

No comments:

Post a Comment